Sunday, December 28, 2008

Engagement!


On December 13 Michael and I got engaged! I've had several people ask me how it happened...
Michael and I went downtown to see the matinee of the Nutcracker. It was great! I love ballet and Michael was nice enough to humor me, I think he enjoyed it though :D
 After the ballet we went to the Salt Lake Temple and did a session. It was wonderful! After the t
emple Michael asked me if I wanted to go up to the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and look around. We got up to the top and we were looking down at the temple and all the lights on temple square. It was snowing lightly and it looked beautiful. Michael then looked at me and asked me if I'd like to go to dinner at The Roof. I told him I'd love to but I didn't think we'd be able to get in because there were so many people standing around waiting. He told me that we'd be fine and then we walked up to the Hostess and he said, "Reservation for
 two for Alemany." I just thought wait what?! Then I lightly slugged him in the arm. :) They seated us in a corner table with the most perfect view of the temple. At this point I thought something could be going on but I honestly didn't know he was going to propose...I know that was quite dense of me. So we were eating dinner and then he decided
 he wanted dessert. He stood up and started walking to the dessert table and then he turned around midway and walked back to the table and sat down. He was acting really strange so I asked him, "Did...you need me...to go with you?" He just shook his head. Then our waitress brought out a tray with a single red rose, four chocolate covered strawberries, with the ring t
ied to the rose. I, of course, started crying. He ask
ed me if he could help me with the ring so he untied it and got down on his knee and asked me to marry him. Of course I said Yes and started cry
ing more! It was absolutely perfect! Michael and I are going to be married April 28, 2009 in the Salt Lake Temple and we're so excited! After the engagement some nice people in the restaurant took our p
ictures. :D After dinner we walked around temple square and took more pictures. Then we sat in traffic for two hours because the Concert in the Conference Center just got out. We had such a fun night! It was perfect!  

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading about your engagement! You have a good man who knows how to win a girl's heart. Be sure to post pictures of your stay in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You guys are so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Siri, I just found your blog and may I say it is cute and you are cute too! Congrats on the engagement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Siri! You two make a very good-looking couple. You will have such a beautiful wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey Siri-- congrats!! you two are cute together!! can't wait to meet him!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited for you! Your ring is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete