Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Re-entering the blogosphere...
November and December passed in a whirl of activity....Thanksgiving Day Parade...Thanksgiving Dinner with friends in our ward...work...flying to Utah (me Dec. 8 & Michael Dec. 17), weddings, Noteworthy, family, friends, food, and laughter. I spent a wonderful week with my family in Utah catching up with friends, skiing with my family, and enjoying every minute of it. When Michael joined me, we went up to Rexburg for the wedding of Michael's sister, Karen & her fiance Austin. They were married December 21 and it was a beautiful day! We went back to Utah to spend a couple more days with my family. While we were there we visited the Carl Bloch exhibit at the BYU MOA. It was such a gorgeous exhibit. I was so moved, I'm not ashamed to admit I cried a few different times. The works Bloch painted were filled with life and spirit. I've never been to an art exhibit that was more charged emotionally and spiritually. I highly recommend everyone go see the exhibit! It's only there until May 7, so hurry and get your tickets! And you should absolutely rent the iPad guided tour. Fantastic! On Christmas Eve we flew to Texas to spend Christmas with Michael's family. We had a really great time! It was fun to spend time with Michael's family around the holidays, and to participate in some Alemany Christmas traditions. After traveling for 3 1/2 weeks though...I was ready to come home! Living out of a suitcase is only fun for a little while after all. We're back in New York and loving it. And we're so excited for this NEW YEAR! That's all for the update for now. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your holidays sounded amazing! Glad you had so much fun :) Thanks for the MOA exhibit suggestion. Jared and I will definitely have to check it out.
ReplyDelete