Friday, July 22, 2011

Where do I even begin?

Hello again! It's been six months since I've posted. I didn't think it had been that long...my goodness. Well I'm back! I've been working an incredibly busy job at a hedge fund and I've had no time to even think about catching up on blogging. Well to my great relief my crazy busy job is over and a new one will begin in a week! I will now be nannying for a good friend of mine for two months while she goes back to work. I'm so excited, her little boy is 3 months old and just a sweetie pie! So, now that I'm back here's a quick update...

Michael is still working at Citigroup and really enjoying it. NEWS: We're STAYING in NYC! He just started a new rotation in the Financial District downtown and is excited to learn the ropes of a new role. He's also serving as the Stake Assistant Clerk and doing a fantastic job of helping the stake stay organized :)

I am excited to have a normal work schedule with no late nights and no checking my blackberry all the time like a paranoid IBanker. I'm still working with the kids in primary and I am loving it! They're so funny, I love going to church and being so entertained.

This year has gone by so fast, it's absolutely crazy! Michael and I officially celebrated our 2 year anniversary in April and we couldn't be doing any better, marriage really is the best, especially when you're married to your best friend :) I'm so lucky! We celebrated by taking a long weekend and going to Mystic, CT, what a cute little tourist town, loved it.

We just recently returned from the best vacation ever. We went to Lake Powell with my family and had so much fun! See for yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBzq6hToTYk

We're both doing well, just loving life and trying to stay cool in this disgusting 100+ heat wave in NYC. Seriously, humidity is gross, I keep telling Michael that's why I love UT, I think this heat is making him see things my way. Happy Summer to you all :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of you for more than one reason. 1: you live in NYC. 2:You live in NYC with your best friend/ husband. 3: you now have a job that doesn't make you check your CRACKBERRY. Mine is hermetically sealed to my hand. Can't wait to not have to check it the minute I wake up in the morning. :) Glad you updated. Was missing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Siri! That movie was SOOOO fun to watch! I'm so jealous you guys got to take a trip to Lake Powell :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i laughed my way through that video and loved every second of it! looks like so much fun! love you girl, thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your back Your back Your back!!!!!!! finally..... :) love you pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you are back!!!! I love your posts!!!! Thanks for coming to make Lake Powell so fun!!! and guess what, I posted too!!! Actually My first real post!!! yay for old dogs learning new tricks!!! Not that I am an old dog but it is tricky learning this blogging thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you updated your blog! Love hearing about what you two are up to. Nannying will be so fun for you!

    ReplyDelete