Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall into...Fall

I love summer. I always say it's my favorite time of year. I love flip flops and t-shirts and sleeping in a little bit longer. However I would be lying if I said it was actually my favorite time of year. You see I've had a realization this year. I LOVE Fall. I LOVE snuggling under the covers at 6am, after my alarm has just jarred me from a peaceful sleep, because the tip of my nose is cold, and I can't think about moving from the warmth of my bed. I LOVE the anticipation and excitement for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I LOVE the smells of hot chocolate and apple cider. I love walking and hearing in the crunch of crispy leaves under your heels. But most of all I love love LOVE the clothes. Sweaters and jackets, coats and boots, hats and scarves. I know that sounds very materialistic but I mean I love the way the clothes make me feel. I love when it gets chilly outside and you put on the cute new jacket you just bought, that makes you feel like a million bucks, and all of a sudden you feel like you can conquer the world, like you're superwoman and you just donned your favorite cape. My mom and my husband both tease me about my obsession with jackets and coats(that fill an entire closet in our apartment here in NY). I can go into a store with the purpose of buying a much needed pair of pants or a skirt and find 5 new coats and jackets that I just HAVE to have. There's something about the way that coats always fit, cute, perfect, like they were designed just for you. Pants, well we all know how shopping for pants is, torturous, arduous, and simply no fun.  So a couple of weeks ago, when I realized I didn't have a black coat and the weather started turning cold, I was so excited! Especially when I went to Macy's and found this,


                                                               View Photo Here 


(sorry the Macy's website is retarded can't copy paste the pic, oh and it's the black coat, not the grey) I just had to buy it. And then I did. And all was right in the world. I LOVE Fall!

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha... totally the same, hate shopping for pants, but have a dozen coats that fill our closet! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love you!! You better call me back!

    ReplyDelete