Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Here's to Friends, my AMAZING hubby and a seriously fun BIRTHDAY weekend in NYC!

This past weekend was so fun. My Birthday was on Saturday and my husband and friends definitely spoiled me! I'll try and infuse this post with as much fun and excitement as I had/felt this weekend. When Michael and I moved out here we told everyone to come visit us (preferably not at the same time haha), and we would offer them a free place to stay, our living room floor on an air mattress, haha I mean at least it's free right? My good friends Spencer Minnick and Brian Booth





are the only ones who've taken us up on the offer (SO FAR!) Spencer and Brian arrived at 1:30 am Friday morning. (Yes Michael did let them in and I continued to sleep...oops...Love you babe!) Friday, Michael and I went to work, and Brian and Spence played in the city. We met them for dinner on restaurant row



and then off to....In the Heights with Jordin Sparks! (Where Spencer was convinced if he could just be alone with Jordin for five minutes she would quite obviously realize she was in love with him and then she would kiss him, hahaha) Boy did he convince us, it happened! ...Ok maybe not quite. :)




The show was fabulous! (as usual) If you haven't seen or heard of In the Heights you must experience the music, it really is a fantastic show! After the show we went to Magnolia's, yummy!



They're famous for their light and fluffy cupcakes...




But we had ice-box cake in honor of my birthday, and it was absolutely delicious! (How could it not be? I mean look at this thing!)



this one too...photo credit (i admire you people)

By the time we got home Friday night Brian's eyes were completely bloodshot from lack of sleep, and Spencer sounded like a broken record "Happy Birthday Siri!" (I think he was so tired that he couldn't think of anything else to say) :) Michael and I were coming down from the the ice-box cake sugar high and were ready to crash!   Needless to say everyone slept in late Saturday morning, I LOVE sleep. :) For breakfast we introduced Spencer and Brian to Astoria Bagels, seriously best bagels ever, they're the size of your head and when they're warm they melt in your mouth. Delish! (I'm beginning to realize this weekend centered around food and musicals, but aren't those always the best weekends anyway?) After the late breakfast we quickly ran (literally), caught the train to Midtown and proceeded to the Wicked lottery, where we were five minutes late. Oh well, we decided to try again later. We met up with Heidi Gainer (what the coincidence, she was in town too!!!) We all proceeded to Central Park where we rented row boats and hung out on the lake. It was seriously so much fun! As you can see....






                


Love...




My amazingly attractive husband 




Captain Spencer ordering his rowers...



                                                                                                  
Me rowing




Beautiful bridge in Central Park...


Expensive apartment building...lovely


New York City




After Central Park we met up with one of Brian's friends, Sarah Alanis, who's nannying for a family north of the city, and we all went to Serendipity for Frozen Hot Chocolates!  There was a 2 hr wait, {yes seriously, even though it was only 60 degrees outside}Spencer convinced all of us that, yes, the Frozen Hot Chocolate was definitely worth the wait, and then we realized we hadn't eaten lunch yet so we went for pizza across the street, and came back.




Delish!



Yummy! 


MMMMM......




And boy was Spencer right! Yes indeed Serendipity's Frozen Hot Chocolate deserves every ounce of fame they've been given, absolutely amazing! After eating our fill of frozen hot chocolates we ran to the Wicked lottery again, fingers crossed, hoping we could get the 3 in our group who hadn't seen the show, in! After about 6 or so names they called Sarah Alanis! At this point, I didn't know Sarah's last name, so my first thought was, "Oh dang it, that's so close to Siri Alemany!" And then everyone in our group started cheering and it dawned on me! Woo hoo!!!! Our friend Sarah just won two tickets! YAY! And then two names later....Michael Alemany! (Are you kidding me?! Two people in our group!!! Woo hoo!!!) So Spencer, Brian, Sarah and Heidi all went to see the WICKED and we were so excited for them, and they were excited for themselves too! :D

The winners of the Wicked lottery!






All the Alta-ites in NYC



Michael and I went to dinner at the Shake Shack...


Shake Shack 3
ps on my list of things to do is take a photography class...so someday i can photograph juicy looking burgers and make them look this good...anyway....you can see why we enjoyed dinner and i forgot to take pictures...i mean yummy right? oh and pps..we only got the single burgers...a lot more healthy right?


(kind of like In-n-Out for New Yorkers, only yummier yes for reals, (wow diet is definitely starting today, I ate horribly this weekend...haha!) We grabbed our food quickly and then made it to the 8:10 showing of the new movie "Red" with Morgan Freeman and Bruce Willis. That was definitely the only thing that wasn't great this weekend, we both hated the movie. There was no plot, just mindless blowing up, terrible dialogue and a really awkward crazy guy. So we do not recommend it, at all. We wanted to see Wall Street but it didn't start until 9:40, and that definitely would not have worked with 9am church! So we hated the movie, but the rest of the weekend was so wonderful! Thanks Brian and Spencer for coming to visit us! We had so much fun! And Michael thanks for spoiling me on my Birthday! I got a new coat and In the Heights Tickets! YAY! I love you babe!

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! What a fun weekend! I want to come to NYC! Glad to see you are doing well there! Happy Be-lated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. man! I am so jealous!! Did you take all of those pictures? They look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Was at serendipity on Friday... Too bad we didnt end up being there the same day/time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Siri, I'm so glad that you had such a great time. Everyone deserves some spoiling on their birthday!

    ReplyDelete