
2010. A new year, and along with new year's celebrations comes new GOALS, as usual. I'm really good about setting goals, many of them, all the time, but I sometimes have a hard time reaching ALL of the goals I set for myself. I could go on and on about reasons, excuses etc. but I don't think that'd be beneficial to anyone. The true reason for this post is because I'm already falling well behind on some of my goals, begun a mere 2 months ago. I sometimes feel like there's always a piece missing, and I can't ever quite figure it out. For instance, no matter how hard I try I just seem to not want to get out of bed every morning and go running. (Not to mention that I absolutely hate running in the first place, I'm trying to change that, but so far I still hate it.) Anyway, I've decided to take it one week at a time, that seems manageable enough, and to be realistic about goals. I also figured that telling more people would help me feel motivated to do better and succeed! So my goals for this week are as follows:
1. Exercise at least 3X this week
2. Complete a 15 pg. rough draft of my senior thesis
3. TRY to stay on top of my other homework :)
4. make dinner at least 4X this week
5. study and get an A on my Humanities test
AND to top it all off...maintain a very happy attitude while I'm at it!
I seriously am so excited about everything that I'm doing in life right now, and I'm trying my best to live in the moment and not be too anxious for things that are coming (aka GRADUATION!!) ahem, anyway, I will update ya'll on my progress this week and let you know how it goes :) Thanks for listening (or I guess reading) it gives me more motivation to get all of this done!
So here's to new beginnings and the start of a new year, and to keeping our goals!!!
What are some of your goals this year?
*Disclaimer: Yes, I realize I'm posting about this well after the January-ian tradition, but still... :D
Love your goals!! I think it's better late than never. :)
ReplyDeleteMy goals:
1- run 10 miles a week
2- Get out of this semester alive (and with A's!)
3- finish my songs in progress (6)
4- perform without passing out.
three and four can be lumped together...right? Love your blog. Love you. 'nuff said!